About Me

My photo
I am a professional network marketing trainer, who loves to help people get the skills they need to succeed in building a great income from home.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

THE BOY THAT DANCED IN THE RAIN


Patrick Henry Hughes was born with no eyes, and a tightening of the joints which left him crippled for life. However, as a child, he was fitted with artificial eyes and placed in a wheelchair. Before his first birthday, he discovered the piano. His mom said, "I could hit any note on the piano, and within one or two tries, he'd get it." By his second birthday, he was playing requests (You Are My Sunshine, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star). His father was ecstatic. "We might not play baseball, but we can play music together."

Today, Patrick is a junior at the University of Louisville. His father attends classes with him and he's made nearly all A's, with the exception of 3 B's. He's also a part of the 214 member marching band. You read it right...the marching band! He's a blind, wheelchair-bound trumpet player; and he and his father do it together. They attend all the band practices and the half-time performance in front of thousands. His father rolls and rotates his son around the field to the cheers of Patrick's fans. In order to attend Patrick's classes and every band practice, his father works the graveyard shift at UPS. Patrick said..."My dad's my hero."

Now, I am trying to wipe the tears from my eyes, as this story sent to me by Mac Anderson has just sent chills up my spine. This fine young man was determined to never give up on his dreams. How many of us have given up on our dreams? How many of us have made excuses about why we can't do a project that may seem difficult or challenging?

We all face adversity in our life. However, it's not the adversity, but how we react to it that will determine the joy and happiness in our life. During tough times, do we spend too much time feeling sorry for ourselves, or can we feel a little thankful for what we do have?

This story really opened my eyes a lot! I tend to feel sorry for myself when things don't always go the way I want, or when things get a little challenging for me. Next time, I will think of Patrick when the going gets tough.

What will you do next time things get a little tough?


Enjoy your weekend everyone,

Ingrid Camacho 702-898-8771
http://ingridcamacho.com/

No comments: